Epic Games makes "Fortnite" — one of the most popular multiplayer games in the world. There are hundreds of other multiplayer titles on the Epic Games store, meaning they're best played with others.
Epic Games lets you add other users to a Friends List, which lets you message them, invite them to games, and quickly squad up when you're ready to play.
You can find friends by searching for their Epic Games display name or the email address linked to their account. You can also connect your Facebook or Steam profile to find out which of your friends there also have a connected Epic Games account.
How to add friends on Epic Games
You can add friends in the Epic Games Launcher by searching for their display name or email address.
1. Open the Epic Games Launcher.
2. Click the "Friends" icon on the left hand side. A pop-up window will appear.Open the "Friends" menu.Vivian McCall/Business Insider
3. Click the "Add Friend" icon in that pop-up window — it's the middle icon, a silhouette of a head with a plus sign. A second pop-up window will appear.Select the middle icon to add a friend.Vivian McCall/Business Insider
4. At the top of the new pop-up window, enter your friend's Epic Games display name or email, and hit "Send."The friend request will be sent immediately, assuming you put in a valid username or email.Vivian McCall/Business Insider
5. To view pending requests, click the "Requests" tab on the far-right of this window.
You can also add friends by connecting a Facebook or Steam account.
6 Underneath the field where you can enter a display name or email, click "Connections."
7. You'll see an icon for Steam and for Facebook. Clicking either one will open a web browser, where you can connect your accounts. If either one has a chain link icon in the corner, that means it's already connected.
If you're trying to connect a Steam account, you'll also probably have to enter a code that's sent to your email.You can connect either a Facebook or Steam account.Vivian McCall/Business Insider
8. Once you've connected your account, click on the "Suggestions" tab. There you'll see a list of suggested friends.
9. Click "Add" next to any of them to send a friend request.You'll be shown all of your friends who've connected their accounts.Vivian McCall/Business Insider